Cho, Jun Dong, Director, H-Lab.
Jun Dong Cho, CV,
- Office: 21203a 1st Engineering Building, Dept. of Electronics and Electrical Eng. Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
- Phone: 031.290.7127, Email
- Director H-lab @ Dept. of Human ICT Convergence, Sungkyunkwan University
- Director of VADA Lab . Department of Electronic Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University
- Distinguished Visiting Professor (Shanxi 100 people plan), North University of China
Jun Dong Cho received his B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. in 1980, 1989, and
1993 from Sungkyunkwan University (Seoul, Korea) in Electronic Engineering, New York (Poly) University (NY, USA) in Computer Science,
and Northwestern University (IL, USA) in Computer Science respectively.
He joined Sungkyunkwan University as an Assistant Professor in 1995. In 2013, he established the new department "Human ICT Convergence" at Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU).
His recent research interests lie in the area of Human Computer Interaction (Wearable Smart Care).
Professor Cho has published approximately 400 papers and co-authored 7 books. He was a CAD researcher at Samsung Electonics for 6 years, and was
the visiting scientist of IBM T.J. Wtson Research Center from Sep. 2000 to Aug. 2001.
Human Computer Interaction (Wearable Smart Care), Health/Biomdical analytics, and design and analysis of
Awards and Recognitions
- Industiral Convergence Contribution Award, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, 2017
- Best Convergence Research Award, Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning, 2013
- Semiconductor Contribution Award, Ministry of Knowlwdge and Economics, 2012
- Jeong Ki Hong and Jun Dong Cho, Chapter 42 (The Quantified Self)
The Wiley Handbook of Human Computer Interaction, Volume 2, First Edition. Edited by Kent L. Norman and Jurek Kirakowski. © 2017 John Wiley & Sons Ltd. To be published 2017.
- Jun Dong Cho, Creative Convergence Project Idea Book,, Hanbit Midial, 2015.
- Jun Dong Cho, Digital Logic Design, Life Power Press, 2010.
- Jun Dong Cho, Modern VLSI Design, Hanbit Media, 2010.
- Jun Dong Cho, Introduction to CAD for Digital System Design, Dae Young Sa, 2005.
- Jun Dong Cho and Young Hoon Chang Lower Power Digital Core Design for Multimedia and Telecommunications, IDEC, 2002.
- Jun Dong Cho and Paul Frazon High-Performance Physical Design for MCM and Packages, World Scientific, 1996.